We’re always looking for new recipes to try! My trainer, Beth, told us about this easy recipe by Christine Gallary on Chowhound and after we gave it a shot for dinner one night, we knew we would want to share it with you all!
It is a great use of sweet potato in low carb salad. We gave it our own twist by adding some pork tenderloin slices for added protein.
4-6 servings; Takes under 30 minutes
- 10 ounces baby spinach, washed and dried
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup whole raw pecans
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into medium dice
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Pork Tenderloin Slices
- Wash spinach and set it aside in a large bowl.
- Heat one tablespoon of the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat until shimmering. Add pecans, stir and cook, stirring occasionally, until nuts are fragrant and golden brown, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat, add 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/2 teaspoon of the smoked paprika, and stir to evenly coat the nuts. Add to the bowl with the spinach.
- Return the pan to medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of the oil, and heat until shimmering. Add sweet potato, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon paprika and stir to coat the sweet potato. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sweet potato just gives way when pierced with a knife and is starting to brown at the edges, about 10 minutes. Add to the bowl with the nuts and spinach.
- Return the pan to medium heat, add remaining 2 tablespoons oil, and heat until shimmering. Add shallot and cook until just golden brown, about 1 minute. Remove from heat, add vinegar, brown sugar, and mustard and whisk to combine. Pour vinaigrette over spinach, nuts, and sweet potato and toss to coat.
- Add a few slices of pork tenderloin for protein. Serve immediately and enjoy!
View all of the details and the full recipe at Chowhound.com.