June is Men’s Health Month to raise awareness about health care for men. C’mon gentlemen, it’s time to take charge of your health!
According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, boys and men in the U.S., on average, die 5.6 years earlier than women and die at higher rates from the top 9 out of 10 leading causes of death.
Take a look at your lifestyle and keep these tips in mind:
- Make healthy food choices for your heart. Heart disease is the #1 killer of men. Follow the Healthy Plate Method!
- Don’t miss regular check ups. Screenings are critical and can be used by doctors to check for diseases and health conditions before there are signs or symptoms.
- Get moving! Focus on 30 minutes of physical exercise each day.
- Quit smoking.
- Manage your stress and make sure you’re getting your sleep.
- Know your numbers! This includes your blood sugar, blood pressure, cholesterol and weight.
How are you taking care of yourself? Share your tips and strategies with us.